Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Trapped In





The Trapped In series is going smoothly.  I'm going to start the next three of the series tomorrow evening. Right now I'm starting as many canvases as I can and just working them all up to between half to three quarters done.  It's nice to work several canvases up together.  It's the best way I've found to produce a solid body of work that hangs really well together.  I look at painting exhibits like LPs for musicians.  A band or performer cuts a record and they try to make all the songs fit together, sometimes the whole album tells a story or at least carries a mood.  I look at painting exhibits like that.  I try to have all the paintings tie into each other. I do have a few disparate ones here and there, but I'm sure I'll tie them in before April or I'll just hold back on hanging them.

1 comment: