Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Lovely October Evening


Spent the night painting. I'm just about finished with one work and well on the way with this one above entitled Capture. I'm planning a series of bridge works based on my photos of Portland, OR. Where I'd live if I had a choice at the moment. It would be great to roam around the city on a bike with a camera and be awarded an endless supply of subject matter to paint from. I also like the vibe there. It's like a small town/big city mind think. It's hard to explain. Nonetheless, there's lots of little boutiques and wonderful eateries. I like the fact the big box stores and fast food places are scarce and that's a good thing.

The weather is cooling down in Phoenix and the ideas are just pouring into my head. It's like this every year. I guess it's my normal cycle. I'm going to be out of town this weekend, so I plan to spend a lot of time in the sketchbook figuring out the next body of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment