Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dry





Working on new works.  I have three in progress and only working titles.  Above Beer and Wine and Vanishing Horizons.  Honestly, those titles will change as soon as the canvases tell me their names.

It's been a long hot summer.  I returned from my vacation in August with close to a thousand photographs for fodder for my paintings.  It's been a lot of work to just go through them all, crop and start combining all the panoramic type shots (vertical and horizontal).  I initially started a really large canvas, but decided it would be better to complete a bunch of smaller works and get into the rhythm first.  Besides the gallery wants new works and I'm set for a October delivery of some works.  I'm not sure where this month has gone though.  It has just flown by going through my photographs and planning paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment