Saturday, October 30, 2010

Return of Fall


The Fall has returned and painting is getting back up to full swing.  This is the painting of the drawing in the previous post.  It's going rather well.  The windows are going to be very intricate, so there will be a lot of time involved in rendering them.  I have a several photos from Portland that depict the sun from the back of buildings or reflecting off the glass causing the buildings in the photos to appear to just fade to white.  I thought I'd depict that effect within this work.

I have always felt like my paintings of buildings were portraits and this one is very much an example.  I've decided to leave the people out  of this painting.  I was thinking of the early morning hours or maybe the hours of the day when everyone is at work and some streets are all, but deserted. I am also letting the lighting effect portray a person fading to white - slipping away.  Somewhere between the ghostly sky and the physical material world. 

I'm going to be painting a lot of buildings this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment