Thursday, January 19, 2012

Waiting for the Rain

Work has continued on After the Rain. I'm almost finished with it.  Now comes the tricky part rendering the shoes of the main two figures. I have painted the wet concrete shadows just the way I want them, but I can screw everything up if I don't render the shoes just so.


Other than that I'm just waiting for the rain literally and figuratively speaking. Rain was in the forecast for latter this week, but that didn't happen. I love painting on rainy days. The moist air does wonders for acrylics and extends the drying time, so that I can blend the skin tones and folds in clothing better. Whenever, I happen to leave Phoenix the prerequisite for my new home will be that it has more weather.

1 comment:

  1. Jonathan, congrats on being selected for the Gothic exhibit. I hope you got the name of the agency I sent you. It's The Creative Group (Robert Half), just in case. After the Rain is looking great. I look forward to the shoes!
    Sharri

    ReplyDelete