Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Upcoming Show at The Lanning Gallery 2 of 2

I delivered the work for the show yesterday with my Step Dad and brother to the Lanning Gallery. I think the count was about 32 pieces maybe 34. I might bring a few more up Friday afternoon. I'm not sure what I would have done without their help. It was a lot of work to unload and I needed to replace the stretcher on one piece where the frame after a few years of temperature changes had warped a bit. Afterwards we headed up to Jerome to take photos and eat at Vaqueros - if you get a chance to eat there they have really good hot sauce and guacamole!

The opening will be this Friday June 2nd, 5-8pm with an artist talk at 6pm at the Lanning Gallery in Sedona, AZ.

Above is Dreams Only Go So Far, oil, acrylic, ink and collage on cradled panel, 24 x 12h inches. 

With this show I've been listening to a lot of ambient Post Rock and Post Metal/Death Drone with my normal diet of ambient electronica. I share that, because I feel it's important to the work in a lot of ways. The textures of the collaged materials are very much influenced by the echoed, distorted feedback circling guitar riffs contained within the music I've been listening to.



Above is Closing Credits, oil, acrylic, ink and collage on cradled panel, 24 x 12h inches.



Above is Memento oil, acrylic, ink and collage on cradled panel, 24 x 12h inches.


No comments:

Post a Comment