Friday, March 12, 2010

Could've...


Working away on Could've.  I seem to be into the horizontal figurative works right now.  I think it's strange how dynamic these compositions are despite the fact that horizontal compositions usually don't have the inherent compositional dynamics of vertical compositions.  Maybe it's just the implied movement that creates visual tension and thus dynamics.  I'm planning to finish Could've and Pensive up this weekend if possible.  I might start a new work or two as well.

I guess right now I'm just working and letting the work take me where it will.  I've been derailed a little by life stuff for the last two weeks, so I'm just trying to get back into the groove.  Could've is a great start.

I'm tempted to jump the light rail and go crazy with my camera down on Mill Avenue tomorrow.  Maybe my wife and I could eat at Pita Jungle just a few stops down on Apache or heck just go to Athenian Express on Central (our favorite Greek Place for over five years now).  I guess it will depend on how the work in the studio is shaping up tomorrow and how restless we are.  I'm just feeling that the answer to what to paint for the next canvases lies in getting out and about with a camera.  I've been flirting with the idea of doing a series of carnival pieces.  Just popped in my head the rides and the fact it would be fun to paint night lights.  I also have a series of night city paintings brewing in the back of my mind.  I think the Modified and the Lanning Gallery Shows are going to be a bit different.

No comments:

Post a Comment