Sunday, March 27, 2011

Fremont Bridge





I began the Fremont Bridge painting this weekend.  I don't know the title yet, but I'm sure I'll have a title by the end of the week.  It's been interesting going through the photo references and figuring out the piece.  Some of my best photos don't show the water beneath the bridge and for some reason that has been really important to me.  Other photos show the water, but don't show the whole bridge or the they're perspective isn't extreme enough which is also important.  So really the painting is a composite of these different photos.  I care more about the psychological feel of the work rather than the straight forward depiction of reality.  I guess I'm not much of a realist. I feel like the mood for the piece is already set, so now it's just a matter of going with the flow.  It even has a soundtrack.

I'm still in the process of moving stuff from the old studio into the new one.  It's been going painfully slow.  Most of it's just a matter of figuring storage systems out and getting them built in the new studio.  I'm strongly against simply piling things in and cluttering the space.  It's already starting to feel a little jumbled, because not everything has a place yet.  I'm sure it will all pan out.

No comments:

Post a Comment