Monday, November 7, 2011

Rainy Monday



It's a rainy Monday. Granted it has only sprinkled with wind and clouds, but I have a feeling more weather is coming. I performed a few touch ups on Chill and finished Minority and Night Crossing. I have a feeling that Minority is one of those the oddball of the bunch.  I personally feel the painting is a breakthrough piece compositionally. I also know that giving the birds distinct personalities humanizes them to some extent. I haven't dealt with the animals that live within the urban environment before, but they may sneak into another painting somewhere down the line.


Night Crossing has put me closer to nailing down the "night painting" color scheme.  I usually approach my work starting with only black, dark grey and white, but that strategy doesn't particularly work with night paintings.  So the challenge is to come up with a good pallet and color recipes that will work better. That's what is great about being an artist.  No matter how long you've been at it there is always something new to do and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment