Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Holidays

Started working on the first stab at the drawing Crowds 2.  I don't have a name for this piece yet.  I say the first stab, because I'm not sure of how I will want to work the series.  This canvas is 24 x 48, but I almost want to make it 36" to 45" high to really focus in on the figures. I also want to have the larger versions to lack a background. For the time being however I love the painting that is evolving on the easel at the moment. I may create two individual series of the works.  One larger without backgrounds and one smaller on 24x48 canvases with backgrounds.


When I look through books of other artists I see a great deal of duplicity and returning to subjects or them painting the same composition three if not twenty odd times.  I know that I have caught myself doing the same and somehow have always stopped. Now I'm starting to wonder if it's just a tendency artists have to work and rework ideas on different canvases until it's out of their system.


Other than that I've been getting ready for the Holidays. A Christmas first I will be having quite a few guests to the house for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment