Saturday, June 30, 2012

Steps and Ladders

Here's a working photo of The Deal that's currently on the easel.  It's a continuation of my stairs theme.  It's coming together very quickly.  I really love working with the theme of stairs and fire escapes.  It's a common thread that weaves it's way in and out of my work.  I haven't spent any time on the couch in the office of a psychologist to figure it out and I'll leave the speculation of my visual focus for others to decipher.  I have my theories.

2 comments:

  1. Saw your work at Lanning Gallery, and I was quite impressed. Now I'm even more impressed after reading some of the narrative in your blog posts. This work reminds me somewhat of comic book art with limited palettes and unusual angles. It's very moody and intriguing. Good work; keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jonathan,

    My mother saw your work in the Lanning Gallery last week and emailed me your website. Your work is wonderful! I love the painting titled "Jaywalking". I live in San Francisco and you have an incredible talent for capturing the mood of the city.

    I am a curator for UGallery.com. We are a San Francisco-based art gallery primarily showing work online. We reach out to a select group of artists who pique our interest. I think your art would fit well in our close community.

    I would love to work with you. Take a look at our website, www.ugallery.com, and let me know if you are interested. I was unable to find your email address so I am contacting you here. Please feel free to email me with any questions.

    Best wishes,

    Alex


    Alex Farkas
    Gallery Director, UGallery.com
    alex@ugallery.com
    (415) 742-8417

    ReplyDelete