Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Burning Candles, Paint and Brushes





Work on Dorian Gray continues.  Figuring out the color scheme and the intensity of color has been a big part of the work, along with the addition of collage items.  I have a sky in mind, but it is going to be a challenge to capture it.  I'm going to spend sometime tracking down a photo reference tomorrow evening.  This I'll know it when I see it doesn't work very well and spends a lot of time and paint.  I want the sky to resemble how it looks when the sunset breaks right after a rain storm.  I think the interplay of gold and payne's grey clouds is always visually dynamic and very reflective.


As the painting continues I will have to play with pushing and pulling the tie in and out of the background.  It's funny how a tie can literally be a noose around your neck.  I don't want it to be over stated though.  I want it to be there, but something the viewer will not notice until they've spent some time with the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment