Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Journey of Mersault


Started Mersault tonight.  There is a lot of under painting for this one.  The original small work didn't have much in the way of collaged elements, but for the larger one I feel it's needed.  Plus, I've performed three works in a row with very little collage and I'm feeling the urge.  I've been using photo collage sketches lately rather than my hand drawn sketches.  This is the first of three that will be completely born out of the hand drawn sketch.  I'm wanting to get back to working with dynamic perspective view points again as well.  I'm  a little shocked at how figurative this current body of work is in comparison to previous shows.  We'll see how it pans out when the balance of the Modified exhibit is completed as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment