Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Remote

Finished Remote up tonight.  Definitely a work that I want to see bigger.  Much bigger.  I think that I might be painting a few more rooftop works as well. I named the work Remote, because that's the sense I get when I look across those rooftops to the downtown shrouded by mist. It's like looking out upon a world at large, but still figuring out how it all works. I've noticed that this year's works are showing a shift in my color schemes.  It seems that I'm still mostly monochromatic, but slowly moving away from just black and white into the earth tones.  This is a case where I feel I just need to go with the flow.


I have five other works in progress right now. I'm starting to develop a really good flow in the studio.  As much as I tried to plan things I've noticed that studios really come together organically over the course of time.  I'm still working primarily on the northern wall using the western wall as a staging area more than a work area.  Hopefully, I'll learn to work on all three easels.  If I'd only known when I built the studio I might have placed the doors differently.  That way I could have set up multiple easels on the North wall.  Oh well, as they say hindsight is always 20/20.

1 comment:

  1. Jonathan, congratulations on your successful show and going full time at what you love! I truly enjoy reading your posts and seeing your works in progress. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see you at the print shop before the move. I was hoping to ask you in person, if you would be so generous as to let me visit you at your studio sometime. I'm painting every week now, which is a huge victory for me (and my sanity). Your work and your process are very inspiring to me and I hope to hear from you. Wishing you continued success!
    Sharri
    sharriw@q.com

    ReplyDelete