Sunday, May 22, 2011

Push and Pull & Lots of Masking Tape



The Fremont Painting was a bit opposed to the idea of being finished this weekend, but that shouldn't come as a surprise really.  Not the first canvas to have a mind of it's own and I doubt it will be the last.


Most of it has been really working out the perspective and making sure that key details of the bridge are there.  I've been painting things in, out and then back in again and in general pulling the bridge out of the sky and water.  There has also been a great deal of just looking.  I'm at a place where I have a lot of areas that are perfect and need to be left untouched.  I'm sure the piece will be finished this week it's just a matter of shoring it up carefully and being laid back enough not to mess up the finished areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment