Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Passing

I started Passing tonight.  I decided to show more of the street behind the figures in this work in comparison to A Long Week.  I may opt to use the same approach when returning to work on A Long Week, but I'm not sure.  Speaking of a long week I think this is going to be one.


With Passing I'm maintaining the earth tone pallet.  It seems to really work for this body of work.  There's a common mood within these works.  There's almost a Edward Hopper isolated feeling within them.  The figures are lonely while surrounded by others.  I'm just going to go with the flow and let the work enlighten me.  I feel my work tells me about myself or at least about what's going on within me on a subconscious level. In this case it might just purely be an observation of how people are in a large urban environment.  Large cities tend to turn us into just another face in the crowd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment