Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Uncertain Dawn



I came close to completing three canvases today, but alas I had to call it quits to get some sleep.  Uncertain Dawn is just going so well. That's the working title at least.  I've been debating between Leave Me Alone and Uncertain Dawn.  I feel like Uncertain Dawn might be the ultimate pick.  There's a wonderful ill at ease, but hopeful spirit within this work.  It's hard to explain, but there are times that you are alone in the early morning watching the sun rise and there's an uncertainty in the world or at least within you that you in turn transpose onto the world.  I feel that way when I look at this painting.  It's that moment of uncertainty and ironic unlimited possibility that scares you and invigorates your spirit all within the same moment. Like that country song that my wife listens to all the time "The day is mine to do with as I wish".

4 comments:

  1. Wow Jon, your work is always so marvelous. Sorry I haven't been by for a while. This new work is beautiful. Peace, Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!!! I've been really working hard trying to stretch myself more with each body of work. I just purchased two big 36x72" canvases for more bridge expanse work for the show in September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This painting looks awesome --where is the "show in September" ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. The exhibit will be at the Lanning Gallery in Sedona Arizona. The opening is First Friday September 2nd 5-8PM. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete