Friday, June 24, 2011

Dancing through swords



It's been a rough week and it's reminded me of that tarot card where the figure is dancing with swords.  Back in college I painted a self portrait of myself blindfolded carefully weaving through suspended swords.  I of course was unaware of the tarot cards depicting swords.  It was just something that popped into my head upon waking in the middle of the night.

The studio has really come together.  Starting last Sunday with the purchase of a new easel, I have now mounted that easel and another to the wall and this was all followed my a reorganization of the studio as a whole.  Tonight I ran to Ikea and purchased runners to place beneath my easels to catch my paint splatter and drips.  The floor tarps were just collecting too much dust and looked bad after a while. What is nice about Ikea is you can get nice design without paying much.  You can also re-appropriate their products into other uses.

Work has continued on Voices.  I'm finally starting to feel satisfied with the central figure.  He has been a tough cookie to get just right. I thought I was going to put some color into him, but it just didn't feel right.  I'm getting close to being finished with this piece and then my focus will return back to Thursday Afternoon.  I should receive word on the color choice from the client in regards to the third bridge work.  My hope is to complete these two small works and start two others that I can dabble on while completing the commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment