Saturday, June 11, 2011

No Rush

I guess there's no need to rush things.  Thursday Afternoon is taking me down a new avenue that I haven't been.  I'm sure I could power through the painting, but to what end?  I'm going to just enjoy the ride.  I'll still head up to Sedona to drop the color sketches I'm working on, since I could use some time outside of Phoenix to clear my head. There's so much going on in my life it's been hard to not go a little stir crazy.  I've been just working and not letting the grass grow beneath my feet.  I could use some thinking time and I think best flying down the freeway going somewhere. Most of my vacations involve serious driving. Last year we drove all the way up to Portland Oregon and back down.  It was a blast, so we're going to do it again this year.


As soon as my left wrist heals from that bike accident a month ago I'm going to grab my mountain bike and go up north for a day.


The buildings are becoming more muted and played down.  In some cases I've simplified things down to no more than a blurry outline with only vague descriptive details.  It's a new approach I thought about two weeks ago that I'm just getting around to trying.  I really like the technique and it has a really nice aesthetic.



No comments:

Post a Comment