Sunday, December 16, 2012

Always Caught in the Undertow

Work is going pretty well on Caught in the Undertow above.  The title hit me while listening to the Modest Mouse's song "The World at Large" with the lyric "Why does it always feel like I'm caught in an undertow?"  That sentiment really hits home with me. I could easily extrapolate upon the subject, but I feel that it's really part of the universal experience of being human and dealing with life's endless array of curve balls.  Frankly, the struggles within my own life feel rather trivial in comparison to those of others.  When ever trails come my way I always take solace in the fact that I'm not the only special one and that I don't have it nearly as bad as the majority of the world.  In short, I simply purse my lips and give a whistle.

The last couple days of rain afforded me a rare treasure in Phoenix - humidity.  With the extended drying time I was really able to capture a etherial fuzzy deep in thought look.  I usually see the world this way after several days of working non-stop at work and in the studio, while getting little sleep while driving or riding down the road in the early morning.  It is almost like I'm mentally waterlogged and looking at the world from within a fish bowl during those times.  Well, that's what it's like for me at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment