Sunday, February 22, 2009

To be great is to be misunderstood




"To be great is to be misunderstood" Fortune Cookie

Sorry, I'm a little tardy on the postings for this weekend.  I've been super sick with a respiratory infection and haven't been able to do much work.  This painting is called The Getaway and it's been going pretty fast until I got sick.  I did a lot of the hard work on the painting mid-week before I came down with whatever this is that seems to be making everyone else sick. There has been lots of drying time between the stages.  It took two days for the collaged muslin to dry and then it took a a day and a half for the heavy gel medium to dry.  It's been a bit moist in Phoenix the last week, so with the humidity comes extended drying times.  In the mean time I've been eating lots of spicy Chinese Food, drinking lots of tea and sleeping all I can to get better.  I've also have spent time organizing my digital sketchbook and going through my photos.  I have the all of the Modified show figured out and a little over half of the Lanning Gallery show planned out. Now I just have to paint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment